Tuesday 24 July 2012

My own kitchen table...first refinishing project!



I bought this kitchen table for $20.00 at Value Village and boy was it ugly but it had good bones, nice and solid with great chunky legs.  I knew I could make this one a jem, but of course not everybody could picture my idea like I could.  Then I went on the hunt for chairs and found these babies for $50 on Kijiji...a dark ugly brown with burgandy seats.  The fabric cost the most but I'm in love with it and decided to go all different colors for the seats.  I love burlap and linen and natural looking materials with bright colors and these matched perfectly.  This project with the help of my boyfriend and a few friends took a ton of hard work but the payoff for this incredible table was soooo worth it..  Wouldn't get rid of this one for any amount of money! 

2 comments:

  1. it's beautiful! love the dark top with the white base and i love those chunky legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome find!! great price and you've made it look a million dollars!! well done!!

    ReplyDelete